Please join the online grappling community at GRAPPLERS.COM – Grapplers Quest, The World’s Largest Grappling Tournament features Renato Tavares vs. Jordan Damon at 2004 Grapplers Quest All Star Pro Challenge, previously available only on DVD.
Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten Sign-Ups for 2010-2011 School Year The School District of Indian River County’s Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten (VPK) Program is pleased to announce plans for sign-ups for the 2010-2011 school year.
The Voluntary Pre- Kindergarten program is a 540 hour instructional program that provides up to a full school day and a full school year of quality education and care at no cost to parents. To be eligible for this program, a child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2010, and the family must reside within an eligible home school zone. The 2010-2011 School District of Indian River County’s Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten School Year Program will be offered at: Dodgertown Elementary, Fellsmere Elementary, Pelican Island Elementary, Sebastian Elementary, and Thompson Lifelong Learning Center.
- Families in the Fellsmere Elementary home school zone are eligible to participate in the lottery for the slots at Fellsmere Elementary.
- Families in the Pelican Island Elementary, Sebastian Elementary and Treasure Coast Elementary home school zones are now eligible for the lottery for the slots at either Pelican Island Elementary or Sebastian Elementary.
- Families in the Dodgertown Elementary home school zone are eligible to participate in the lottery for the slots available at their Dodgertown and may elect to be included in the lottery for the slots available at Thompson Lifelong Learning Center.
- Families in the Beachland Elementary, Citrus Elementary, Highlands Elementary, Glendale Elementary and Vero Beach Elementary home school zones are now eligible to participate in the lottery for the slots available at Thompson Lifelong Learning Center. To find out your home school zone, please call the Office of Student Assignment at 564- 3145. The slots available will be filled through a lottery process, if there are more families interested in the slots than there are slots available. During the times listed below, interested families need to provide contact information and documentation of their child’s eligibility to the Pre-K Office. Documentation that is required for participation in the lottery selection process is: The School Board of Indian River County, Florida Karen Disney-Brombach District 1 Matthew McCain District 2 Carol Johnson District 3 Claudia Jiménez District 4 Debbie MacKay District 5
- Proof of the child’s age (ex: original birth certificate)
- Proof of the family’s residency (ex: a bill for a service that you receive in your name at your current address) Documentation that is requested but not required for participation in the lottery selection process is:
- Child’s Social Security card (if available at the time)
- Certificate of Eligibility from the Early Learning Coalition (only if parent has already obtained this document) The Pre-K Office Portable is located in the east parking lot of the Freshman Learning Center located at 1507 – 19th Street in Vero Beach. Dates and times for sign-ups are:
- Thursday, June 3, 2010 from 1:00 P.M. until 5:00 P.M.
- Friday, June 4, 2010 from 8:00 A.M. until Noon
- Tuesday, June 8, 2010 from 2:00 P.M. until 6:00 P.M.
- Wednesday, June 9, 2010 from 8:00 A.M – Noon
- A special sign-up date has been scheduled for those families interested in the School District of Indian River County’s Voluntary Pre-K program located at Fellsmere Elementary. Interested Fellsmere families should bring the same documentation listed above and come to the office at Fellsmere Elementary on Monday, June 7th, 2010 anytime between the hours of 2:30 P.M. and 4:30 P.M. or Fellsmere families can choose to come to the Pre-K Office Portable located in the east parking lot of the Freshman Learning Center during the scheduled times on June 3rd, 4th, 8th and 9th, 2010.
Contact information and complete eligibility documentation must be received at the Pre-K Office no later than Noon on June 9, 2010, to be included in the selection process. A computer generated, random selection process will be applied to the contact information and all families will be notified in writing of the outcome for their child, either Acceptance or Wait Listed. Letters will be mailed out the week of June 21, 2010. Notification letters for parents of accepted children will include specific directions for completing the registration and enrollment process with the Pre-K Office.
If a child is not selected to participate in the School District of Indian River County’s School Year Voluntary Pre-K program, notification letters will include information for families to access their child’s Voluntary Pre-K services from either another eligible Voluntary Pre- Kindergarten provider during the school year or from the school district during the summer prior to their entry into Kindergarten. Additional information regarding a complete listing of eligible Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten providers for Indian River County for the 2010-2011 school year can be obtained from the Early Learning Coalition of Indian River, Martin and Okeechobee Counties at 1-877-220-1223 extension 260.
Please contact Kim McCorrison, School Readiness Coordinator, in the Pre-K Office at 564- 4169 with any questions or for additional information.
The long version. Not quite a hurricane, but certainly a tempestuous gal. Tropical storm Fay left her mark on Vero Beach. This is my first time using a waterproof camera housing. I have to figure out how to keep if from slipping. Oh, and remember to keep a wipe rag in my pocket for the lens.
The Ride to Conquer Cancer 2010 is shaping up to be an exciting one. This 260-km bicycle ride benefits The Campbell Family Institute at Princess Margaret Hospital, one of the world’s leading cancer institutes. Taking place over two days, June 12-13, thousands of cyclists, including Neal Romanchych, 411 Canada Senior VP of sales, will raise money for cancer treatment, research and services at Princess Margaret Hospital. Neal Romanchych of 411 Canada hopes to raise $3200 which would go directly to Princess Margaret to aid in this awesome purpose, conquering cancer.
Since its inaugural run, the Ride to Conquer Cancer has become Canada’s most victorious and successful cycling event. In just two years over $28.5 million dollars has been raised by cyclists from outside countries, and Canadian states and provinces. There are several options for a cyclist regarding his or her route. The most popular, K200 Double-Century, is an awe-inspiring, scenic adventure from Toronto to Niagara falls. The M200 Classic Double-Century is a new route for those looking for a challenge; it will share the K200′s starting and finishing points, but is an extended route between the two. Lastly, if someone is unable to ride during this particular weekend, but would love to raise money, the Virtual Rider Program is a way to take part.
At Princess Margaret, it’s believed that cancer can be beaten with a great team of motivated people executing hopeful programs and using some of the most advanced technology. A team of top scientists and doctors are congregated at Princess Margaret and are searching for new discoveries hoping to aid in more positive outcomes for patients, not only locally, but all over the world. Right now, 40 percent of people will hear the words, “you have cancer,” in their lifetime. By supporting The Ride to Conquer Cancer, you can help make a difference for those who do.
Do you dread the end of the month bill-paying ritual? Do you hide from the mailman in fear of more bills coming your way? Does it always seem like you can’t get ahead no matter how hard you try? If you answered yes to one or all of those questions then it might be time to consider an auto refinance loan. With an auto refinance you can potentially lower your monthly car payments by reducing your interest amount. This will help you pay of the principal of the loan a lot quicker which in turn is going to put more money in your pocket. That’s relieving financial stress.
There is Value in Your Car
How much would your car be worth if it was put on the market today? Whatever that dollar amount is can potentially be comparable to the amount of money you could take out of your car in equity with an auto refinance loan. With that money you might be able to pay off some outstanding bills or take care of a household purchase like as new washer. If you have a solid payment record and a decent credit score you could qualify for auto refinance.
Applying for Auto Refinance Is Easy
Unlike going through the process of a home equity loan, there really isn’t a lot of hassle involved with applying for an auto refinance. You’ll work directly with an experience loan counselor who can guide you through the process. Quite often you can apply and see if you qualify all in one quick visit. And there is no cost for applying. Imagine starting out the day with a large auto repayment looming over your head but by lunch time the proverbial clouds have parted and you see the light at the end of your financial tunnel.
One of the best ways for companies to make a profit from their websites is to take part in an affiliate program. This can boost a company’s profits, but the best boost will come from choosing the right affiliate program. In order to choose the best affiliate program, one can make use of an affiliate program review.
An affiliate program review will look at affiliate programs across different industries and report on the business practices and efficacy of each program. This can help a business to make an informed decision about which program to use. In addition to helping businesses make sound decisions, an affiliate program review also saves companies hours of work by doing the research for them.
By offering these kinds of services, an affiliate program review helps a company to make a decision without wading through research of their own. This means that they can begin using and benefiting from a program sooner. This means that the company will make profits sooner than if they had to wait and do all of the research on their own.
Unfortunately, one of the pitfalls of online marketing is that there are dishonest affiliate programs out there. Not only can these dishonest programs create major headaches for the businesses who sign up with them, but they can also keep businesses from making money that they could make if they had signed up with an honest affiliate program.
By using an affiliate program review, a business can save themselves the headaches and financial woes associated with an accidental partnership with a dishonest affiliate. This is because an affiliate program review will monitor the work and practices of available affiliates and closely watch any that seem to be working in dishonest or unethical manners. Having done this surveillance, the affiliate program review can steer its clients clear of such companies and in the direction of others that will be able to offer a beneficial partnership.
Take a tour of Vero Beach, and find out why Vero has been rated the #2 city to buy real estate now. Starfish Real Estate. www.livinginvero.com
vero beach skim
Vero Beach High School Performs “I Gotta Feeling” from Oprah’s 24th season celebration. Video By: Domefilms. Special Thanks To: the guys from the Indian River School Districts TV Productions.
Vero Beach, FL (Vocus/PRWEB ) May 7, 2010 — Southern Fulfillment Services (SFS), an industry leader in direct-to-consumer fruit and gift shipping, has announced the acquisition of Citrus Country Groves and two retail store operations located in Pinellas County on the west coast of Florida, .
Citrus County Groves stores — located in Seminole and Clearwater — now join SFS’ 60-year old brand, Hale Groves, and further establishes the company’s foothold in the Florida citrus and gourmet foods industry. The acquisition complements Southern Fulfillment Services existing national gourmet food brands, including gift citrus and fruit baskets.
“Citrus County Groves has enjoyed a consistent prominence on Florida’s Gulf Coast,” said Kristin DiPentima, Retail Manager for SFS. “Joining the stores under the SFS umbrella lets customers experience the best in citrus and gourmet foods, whether they’re shopping for a gift basket or something creative to make for dinner.”
SFS also operates Hale Groves and retail store Hale Groves River Market in Indian River County in Vero Beach, Florida. Southern Fulfillment Services is an industry leader in fruit and gift shipping and both the Hale and Citrus County Groves stores embrace Florida nostalgia and Florida citrus at its best.
“With 21st century technology, consumers can buy from a catalog at home, the convenience of the internet, and even visit our stores in person,” says DiPentima. “We love to see familiar faces return year after year in Pinellas County, and the combination of the Hale and Citrus Country Groves gives SFS access to a completely new customer base.”
Tourists exploring Florida can discover the best quality produce, spices, gourmet goodies and handmade crafts in the state, while local Floridians have more options to shop, knowing they can rely on the same excellent standards they have come to expect.
Citrus County Grove stores will operate under the existing brand names and catalog titles, which include Holiday Citrus and Orange Blossom Groves.
About Southern Fulfillment Services:
Southern Fulfillment Services (SFS) is a privately owned Florida-based company with production facilities in Vero Beach, Florida, Harlingen and Palestine, Texas. SFS currently owns multiple catalog brands related to citrus and gourmet food categories. Southern Fulfillment Services also provides private label fulfillment for national catalog and internet companies.